The name ‘Pflegerhof’ appears for the first time in 1715, but the farm existed already centuries earlier.
Pflegerhof before 1982
The name Pflegerhof appears officially in 1715 for the first time. The Mulser family found evidence of that fact in the wooden panelling of the old main room. Before that date this farmer’s house must have belonged to the castle Aichach lying nearby.
Farm’s view seen from the valley
picture from Hugo Atzwanger, 1941
The remains of castle Aichach
The remains of the castle Aichach next to ‘Pflegerhof’ probably date back to the 12th century. This castle is believed to be once a guarding point for the Hauenstein Castle above the village of Seis.